Sunday 3 March 2013

Episode 3-Witness

 
 
 This weeks song is called Witness, it's based on a sermon/teaching I heard from a guy named Alex Galambosi. He spoke about John the Baptist & Jesus, from the same source reading that last weeks song came from but from a different perspective, he saw John as a tangible witness, a physical presence pointing the way to Jesus kinda' guy, and said that we should be that also, (those of us who desire that anyway). I also was challenged by another Ukulele player to make the Ukulele sound sad, I think this song sounds a little sad, probably more melancholy I spose but the Ukulele definitely sounds sad here to me. There's also a bit about pain and suffering being a reality, faith in Jesus not negating these but giving them meaning even, or especially if, that meaning is hard for us to understand. Again, I'm not Bible bashing, believe or don't believe whatever you like, but please don't negate this music because of it's content, it's what's coming out of me at the minute and is for everyone, not just folks with a faith in the same God that I believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment