Tuesday 12 November 2013

Episode 40-I Thought You'd Gone & Died

 
 
This weeks tune is based on a book I read about "pleading the blood" of Jesus, which some people it would seem have historically used as a heretical bit of brain washing "God is a vending machine" kind of thing, but some have just used as something they add to their prayers to remind themselves that they believe Jesus died for them and that that matters and is powerful. I borrowed a book about it from a friend of mine that seemed fairly non-crazy and straight down the line for the most part, (the book I mean, not my friend).This song about it is just a super minimal absolutely simple two chord tune about how remembering what you believe in is a good thing, and not relying on yourself on your lonesome to carry all the garbage that you do is also good. I'm a little worried after learning the opposing view on this pleading the blood thing that I may have been led down some random unhelpful path, but I don't think I have, I certainly trust the source that lent me the book, but I don't trust repetitious meaningless verbalising of chanty stuff, which I can see people could easily fall into using this idea, i.e. say "x" enough times with feeling and "y" will happen, that's just dodgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment