Thursday 19 June 2014

Episode 71-Everybody Teaches Somebody Something


 
Hello listeners. This weeks song was written to honour the memory of a great lady, my ex-mother in law, (I guess, but that's a dumb label that does her no justice), Helen Biscoe. This tune is about her example to me as a person who went through a ridiculous amount of horrible stuff but stayed positive and loved people really well, especially my two boys, her grandkids. She also was really encouraging to me, even when she took the place of an ex-mother in law and I wasn't really in her family anymore aside from through my connection through the kids. The second last line; "dirty old river" is a reference to the Kinks song Waterloo Sunset, we both loved the Kinks, she bought me one of their CD's for my birthday and I remember when me and my then wife lived with her, saving money for a deposit on a home, we chucked it on once and all had a bit of a sing and a dance. This song in no way explains the full extent of who she was, but it explains how she encouraged me and what a great example she was and talks about her love for my kids. I hope you like it anyways, and that it shows at least a bit of how great she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment