Tuesday 21 February 2017

Episode 211-Stand Up & Be A Man

 
 
Hello listeners. This weeks tune is about Church, about inching towards trusting church folks, opening up, I spent a ton of time in church as a kid and also as an adult, but I kind of let is slip away for a bit in recent history, this song will most likely come across as sounding negative but it's not, it's just about how everybody's flawed, and finding a place where people admit that and are focussing on love instead of guilt, and feeding from a greater source to guide them and such, is not such a bad thing. For me anyways, I definitely don't want to preach at anyone, this is just what's been in my brain and is hence what's in this song. It's also about vulnerability, how a church should be a place where that's not only OK but encouraged, and there's no judgement, just help and ears, because why else are we here, (I guess...?). I know this is an ideal vision of things that isn't ever the case entirely, but if were aiming at it at least then that's good right. The title of the song is borrowed from a partial life story I got from a chaplain at my work & pastor at the church I'm going to, in relation to the fact that 'standing up & being a man' is not about being a manly man man man, but should be about being your honest self.
 
Anyways, here's a drawing/video about all that to go with the tune:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment