Tuesday 14 March 2017

Episode 214-The Leper, The Cripple & The Light Of The World


 
Hello listeners. I've been listening to a whole lot of 'The Innocence Mission' a band who sings songs about Jesus, (and a ton of other things), because they believe in the man, but not in a preachy way, in a really personal lovely, excellent way, I recommend you listen to them if you dig calming kinda sounds. Anyways that and my reconnection of late with the whole Jesus thing led to the writing of this song, which is not as calm as Innocence Mission, but is written like I would write a thing rather than just using words out of the Bible like 'worship' and 'hallelujah' and the like, (although hallelujah is a pretty good word). As always I'm not preaching at you, these are just things happening in my head, acceptance and the like from a higher power being not such a terrible idea to latch on to it seems. Hope it's a nice listen anyways, the idea is to find a way to sing about this stuff without alienating or excluding anyone, because it's a part of my experience and I write songs to share my experience. Thanks for your time and ears, here's a video/drawing to go with the tune:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment