Sunday 3 December 2017

Episode 252-English Trees

 
 
Not sure what really to write about this one, so here's the lyrics, to speak for themselves I guess...:
 
ENGLISH TREES
So tired
so tired like the yellowed cutting blades of grass
our city council grows right by the ocean
so there’s soft fall for the kids
climbing up these English trees all knotted skin
watching over the families

with eskies full of sadness and anger
cigarettes and love disaster
all the people breathing
and out

so still
so focussed fully on my paper plate
my eyes
are wide and white like maybe I am ill
my knife and fork
sunk in my face
a pale white plastic moon
that cannot look
on you

nor shine down any kind of light on
the families with
their eskies full
of endless anger and sadness

She dangles softly in the sky
long sleeves in gripping fingers
indicating she has understood the night
a pale white plastic moon
a pale white plastic moon is crashing down
I hope you’re well
I hope you last a little longer than

the feeling
than the feeling
than the feeling
of breathing in and out

Thanks for listening, here's a video/drawing that goes with the tune:

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment