Tuesday 16 April 2013

Episode 9-Steeped In Sin

http://ia601702.us.archive.org/23/items/CeskyLivesEpisode9-steepedInSin/Clep9-steepedInSin.mp3

This weeks song brings us/me back to the book of John , I'm fairly sure I've read a couple versions of the story I'm referencing but I love the version in John because it's nice and simple, a guy is given his sight by Jesus, hasn't even seen Jesus yet but knows that he's someone great and upon actually seeing him gives him his heart straight up, before hand dealing out a little home truths to the religious leaders who drag him in a couple of times to get some dirt on Jesus which doesn't actually exist. The man born blind gets it, "I was blind, I can see now, that's awesome, what the hell is your problem fellas?" and the religious folks are just moronic nay-saying evidence denying sad sacks who want no power to be taken from them. It's a great little tale, echoing currently in probably a million different places the world over, the truth is more powerful than the lies you're fed to be kept under the thumb, the truth will set you free, the people wielding the giant thumb are very aware of this. Jesus was awesome, and so was the blind guy, they were on the money for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment