Tuesday 29 October 2013

Episode 38-Somedays You're Like Water


 
This weeks song is a bit of a mystery to me. I know it has something to do with depression, anxiety and such, things I've had/have, this is not oversharing either I don't think, many of us are in the same boat no? Recently my mind, my perspective on pretty much everything has been shifting drastically, hopefully permanently. I've had not an especially difficult external life, but internally it's been a raging mess for way too long and this song I think is about the limbo period I'm living right now, in between that raging mess and whatever it is that comes next. I watched a youtube video on "The Black Dog", a fairly straight down the line illustrated narrated thing about depression and seeing the world through a grey kind of haze, feeling nothing, and I had a bloody good cry, which was great, and important I think, dark things live in us all to some extent, if we don't have a way to let them out they'll stay forever. Some odd and nasty creatures have been living in me for a long time, and I've had enough. It's hard work living with a mind that won't just let you be,  think that's what this song is probably about, that and the hope for a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment