Tuesday 17 January 2017

Episode 206-Shoelaces


 
 
Hello listeners, this weeks tune is a Banjo thing that's kind of fiction based on facts, other peoples and my own, about how strange it is to have been really close, (supposedly), to a person and then to not really know them at all. The people in the song don't exist, they're just fictional sort of archetypes I guess, and also fictionalising the thing gives me an excuse to slip in a dig at Apple and also at glue your child to a screen parenting techniques, (not that I haven't resorted to them myself a couple times). Anyways, the song is not super happy, but it is also a story rather than facts, which is good for me, cause I've written plenty of songs about absolute facts that are depressing as hell, fiction is nice, exploring dark stuff from a little distance away, its almost kinda fun, although I can relate to the fictional dude in this one. Anyways, that was a pointless rant, hope the song's a nice listen for you, I definitely had a ton of fun fleshing it out with bass 'n guitar and the like, so hopefully that translates to your ears and brains having fun also. As always always, thankyou so much for your time, and here's a drawing/video to go with the tune if such a thing is of interest to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment