Tuesday 17 September 2013

Episode 32-With Your Eyes



This weeks tune is about emotional honesty. I heard a story about a lady in the Bible who wept at Jesus feet and wiped them with her hair and poured perfume on them that she'd just bought and was probably about to take home when she heard that Jesus was about and then stopped by to have a listen and a peek like loads of people were. I've heard this story a lot of times but this time it was pointed out to me that what she did was not some cultural norm, she broke down and did some crazy stuff right there in front of a whole lot of people, Jesus was told he shouldn't let het touch him because apparently she was a little dodgy but he said what she'd done was good, she showed him how she felt, that she was broken, and he healed her. So the song is about that, as well as being about honesty in general and not pretending that you've got it all together, not necessarily being a huge self defeatist wreck, but nor being super bright when you're really not. I think you can read fakeness from a mile off and this song is an encouragement to just be yourself, even if that hurts some, because it's a better way to be. Not that I have a handle on this myself, but I try at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment