Tuesday 24 September 2013

Episode 33-Green River Sing

 
 
This weeks song is about the Green River Killer, Gary Ridgway. Randomly looking up news items to write about I came across this fella confessing to more murders than he's confessed to originally back when he was caught, put on trial and given something like 48 consecutive life sentences. The guy horrified me, he was bland about what he'd done, kinda lifeless. The audio at the start of the song is taken from an interview with him where he's explaining how he used his son to fool women into thinking he was a harmless, regular kinda guy. His childhood was a horrific mess, his mum was abusive in excessive ways and amounts, and as a child he went around killing peoples pets. I guess what I've tried to do with song is capture some of the creepiness and the desperate situations some of the women were in that he picked up, (prostitutes and runaways). Also, if anyone's heard the song John Wayne Gacy Junior by the great Sufjan Stevens, I guess in a way I'm nodding to that as well, that song blows a hole in my chest every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment