Tuesday 8 September 2015

Episode 135-Light A Fire


 
Hello listeners. This weeks tune is another Banjolele one, as I haven't fallen out of love with this incredibly cute new instrument just yet, (nor will I, though my actual Banjo is showing signs of jealousy and may require picking up and playing real soon). It's a tune about domestic violence I guess, or in a more universal way just relational oppression. It's not a super happy one, but hopefully it's a good listen anyways. I just played it for a buddy of mine and they said they felt probably how they we're supposed to feel, like they wanted to shake the person this song is about out of their situation, so, not a great super fun feeling, but I was stoked I made a person feel a thing at all, that's the point of makin' tunes right? Anyways as always, enormous love to you for giving me your ears and time, and thanks for both of those things.
 
Here's a video version if you like to watch and listen at the same time:


No comments:

Post a Comment